Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- ASAP – Confirm your place in the program
- ASAP – Save the date – November 5! All students in NYC are expected and required to attend NYU Abu Dhabi’s Pre-Departure Orientation on this date.
- ASAP – Review Flight & Arrival Information
- ASAP – For the Office of Global Services:
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in UAE). Upload a CLEAR, COLOR copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a 600 dpi scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- By November 1: Submit digital color passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- By October 30 – Complete Extracurricular Interest Survey
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Abu Dhabi Facebook group
- TBD – Abu Dhabi Study Away Kick-Off. Come celebrate and meet fellow classmates!
- October 14 – NYU Passport Drive
- TBD – Preparing for Study Away: Religion and Spiritual Life Workshop